We are always looking for talented developers
The DATA Team is currently developing several exciting projects in close collaboration with geneticists and clinicians. A successful candidate will be working as part of one of our multiple web-development teams.
- Write software with real impact for patients and doctors at UHN and around the world.
- Gain exposure to state-of-the-art data analysis techniques used in medical and genomics applications.
- Be part of an international collaborative R&D environment, interacting with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Perfect the way users can interact with data through improved UI and visualization techniques.
- Integrate novel machine learning and automated data analysis methods as they are being developed and validated by our research collaborators.
- Establish interoperation with various project and code management tools in the biomedical ecosystem.
- Create performance analysis and improvements, targeting scalability across considerable patient databases.
- Run extensive security to support sensitive patient data.
- Experience deploying and operating software in a team environment, including an understanding of modern development lifecycles
- Practical experience with version control tools (e.g., git, GitHub)
- Familiarity with authorization of web applications
- Experience in documenting and writing tests for infrastructure code and using CI/CD pipelines with those tests
- Extensive experience with Linux (and more generally unix-based environments) and a solid understanding of the linux environment and automation (e.g. bash, scripting)
- Familiarity with Python; sufficient to read and understand infrastructure or glue code